T@b 400 Awning Fabric Selection
*** COVID Announcement ***
Many of my suppliers are running low, or out, of outdoor fabric inventory due to supply-chain issues. By all means, look for fabric, identify what you would like, but then do NOT place your order until you have checked with me on whether I can source the fabric from the chosen supplier. You can reach me here.
I addition to the 2 suppliers mentioned below, you may want to look at fabricguru.com as well for options (make sure you are looking at yardage and not remnants).
Congratulations! You're ready to order custom window awnings for your T@b 400.
I use two principle fabric suppliers:
- Premier Prints Inc and Fabric.com
- These links will take you directly to their shops.
- Note: Premier is my preference as I am confident in their fabric quality, customer service & delivery commitments, but for those seeking a wider fabric selection, please feel free to use Fabric.com.
- All Shinersview listings include the cost of the fabric (subject to a $15 per yard price limitation).
- If the fabric you select is more than $15 per yard, I am happy to work with you for the incremental cost of the fabric + 10%.
- Both sites have navigation on the left side that will help you refine your fabric selection as you shop.
- As these sites also carry fabrics that are not designed for the outdoors, make sure that when you land on a fabric you like, that it is an outdoor fabric (or sometimes labeled indoor/outdoor). Both links above will get you started in the outdoor fabric section.
- Each fabric will have a SKU (Premier) or an Item # (Fabric.com). Please capture that and include it with the name of the fabric you have selected.
T@b 400 front window pattern selection
- The front window on the T@b 400 is 57” wide—outdoor fabric typically comes in 54” width—therefore, the awning either needs to be pieced OR you need to choose a fabric that can be used sideways.
- Piecing: I have thought through various scenarios and believe there are two options for piecing:
- Select a fabric with a fairly wide stripe and I will be able to piece at one of the ends along a wider piece of the stripe so that it is less noticeable.
- Put two pieces of a solid coordinating fabric at either end of the window awning. This minimizes the look & echo’s the design of the trailer with the colored plastic strip along the top edge of each side of the trailer.
- Sideways fabric: This means choosing a fabric that is non-directional. It will most likely include fabrics that are geometric or florals that don’t have obvious horizontal or vertical patterns. The following are the type of options you should be looking for if you don’t want the fabric pieced for the front window.
Fabric selection tips:
- Minimalist: Choosing a fabric that matches the contrast color or base color on your T@b will create a more minimalist outcome where the T@b is the show and the window awnings enhance that.
- Bold: Choosing a fabric that is bolder in color choice or uses more colors, will make your awnings stand out more as part of a decorative treatment.
- The contrast color on your T@b/T@g (the color of your trim, propane tank cover or area around your windows).
- The base color on your T@b/T@g (primarily silver or white).
- Interior fabric colors
- Color of your tow vehicle
- Your favorite colors.
- Do you like stripes?
- Geometric patterns?
- I recommend using a patterned fabric on the outside & a solid, neutral-colored lining on the inside. I have found a gray, neutral fabric is the best alternative and, unless otherwise requested, is used on all awnings.
Awning hem: Once you've selected the fabric, choose the hem design that works best for your style aesthetic and the fabric you've chosen. For the Tab 400, you may select from:
- Once your fabric has been selected and your order placed with Shinersview, I then order the fabric from the supplier.
- It typically arrives in ~10 days.
- I allow an extra week for fabrication once I have the fabric in hand.
- Shipping of your awnings will be ~2 to 3 weeks from when you placed your order and you will receive tracking information when the awning ships.
Questions??? Want help selection your fabric??? Feel free to contact me directly.